With physical, occupational and speech therapies provided Healthcare Therapy Services, our goal at The Cedars is to help you resume your former life style as soon as possible. Our spacious rehabilitation suites with large private bathrooms offer a lovely view of the gardens in our courtyard, and they are just steps from our therapy gym. Whether you have fractured a hip, aggravated an old shoulder injury or suffered a stroke, our team is dedicated to helping you regain the function, mobility and confidence that you need to return home. Need out-patient therapies or home health services after you return home? We’ll be happy to make whatever arrangements you need to be successful after you get back home.
Cedars offers 24-hour skilled nursing, therapy 7 days a week, private rehab suites, flexible appointment scheduling, and convenient entrance and parking.
Faster healing for a quick return home is our goal during a rehabilitation short-stay. Short-term rehabilitation suites are available to individuals who require additional recovery and/or rehabilitation after a major surgery, hospital stay or injury. Our team is dedicated to helping you regain mobility, function and independence for a complete recovery. Short-term rehabilitation services include private, dedicated rehabilitation suites with full bath, large therapy gym equipped with advanced technology, and highly skilled therapists experienced in treating multiple diagnoses affecting older adults.
The Cedars offers outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services for campus residents and the surrounding community. Enjoy flexible appointment scheduling, 1-on-1 patient centered treatment, and convenient outpatient entrance and parking. With over 60+ diagnosis specific programs and care pathways, we apply patient-centered, outcome driven rehabilitation to restore and improve lives.
- State-of-the-Art Therapy Technology
- Equipment for Strengthening and cardio endurance – Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound Therapy, Stimulation Therapy (including cooking, putt-putt, fishing and more)
Many people are familiar with physical therapists’ work helping patients with orthopedic problems, such as low back pain or knee and hip surgeries, to reduce pain and regain function. Others may be aware of the treatment that physical therapists provide to assist patients recovering from a stroke in learning to use their limbs and walk again. Physical therapists are primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments, disabilities and promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention.
Occupational therapy is the holistic intervention in many areas of occupation such as: activities of daily living (ADLs) including: bathing, dressing, grooming; instrumental activities of living, such as: home and financial management, rest and sleep, education, work, play, leisure and social participation. With a thorough evaluation, occupational therapists develop collaborative goals to identify strengths and deficits and address barriers that hinder performance in multiple areas. Occupational therapy interventions include helping people learn how to compensate and/or regain skills in order to lead a full and productive life.
Speech language pathology (Speech Therapy) is the study, diagnosis, and treatment of defects and disorders of the voice and of spoken and written communication. Speech therapy also evaluates and treats neurological and physical disorders and conditions caused by an injury or illness, such as Dysphagia (problems swallowing), Apraxia (disorder of motor planning) and Dysarthria (motor speech disorder). Treatment goals include reducing the disability, educating and counseling on how to cope with the stress associated with speech and communication disorders.
- You were admitted to the hospital for a period of time for either a surgery, illness or injury and need additional care in order to regain a full recovery.
- Your doctor has determined that you need Skilled Nursing, also called Short-term Rehabilitation, Sub-Acute, Extended Care or Post-Acute Care.
- When you arrive to our Skilled Nursing Facility, you will be evaluated by Nursing and Therapy. A treatment plan will be created specifically for you to achieve your goals.
- Expect therapy to take up most of the day, sometimes twice a day.
- The amount of time you will spend in post-acute rehabilitation is determined by your diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Our care team is reporting your progress to your physician, you and your family regularly. Notice how much stronger you are getting every day!
- Before you are discharged, we will meet with you to go over your progress, recommend additional equipment, like a walker or cane (if needed) and will provide discharge instructions.
- A Therapist will give you tips on how to stay safe at home and prevent falls and re-injury. A Therapist may perform a home visit to make recommendations and suggest modifications before discharge.
- You will most likely be given home exercises or recommend additional therapy upon returning home. We encourage you to follow your discharge instructions and maintain the success from your therapy.
- Congratulations on your success! You have completed therapy and have safely transitioned home.
Article by Diana Rodriguez, Everyday Health.com "Staying vital and connected can help you ward off the depression that often comes with aging. Here are simple things you can do, even from your own home. A challenged brain is a happy brain. So when the kids are grown...read more
Read more news and events here
Nate Bloomfield, PTA
Rehab Manager & Physical Therapist Assistant
Nate graduated from The University of Saint Francis in 2014 and lives in New Haven, IN.
Joshua Doss, PT
Josh graduated from Tamil Nadu Dr M.G. Medical University in 2003 and lives in Fort Wayne, IN.
Jessica Duffy, OTR
Occupational Therapist & Assistant Regional Director
Jessica graduated from Indiana University in 1999 and lives in North Manchester, IN.
Lindsay Collins, COTA
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Lindsay graduated from Brown Mackie College in 2010 and lives in Angola, IN.
Schedule a Visit today!
We'd love to show you around our community! Let us know when you'd like to visit.