HTS Rehab News – March 2019
Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects how your body turns food into energy. There is not any one specific cause of diabetes however there are many factors which contribute to a higher risk of getting the disease including but not limited to genetics, obesity, physical inactivity, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
- Type 1 Diabetes – Caused by genetics and unknown factors
- There is no cure, however it can be managed to prevent further diabetes-related complications.
- Type 2 Diabetes – Caused by genetics and lifestyle factors
- Can be prevented or delayed with healthy lifestyle changes.
- Prediabetes affects more than 84 million adults in America
- Losing weight and staying active can greatly reduce your risk for developing type 2 diabetes.